Hamamatsu Matsuri pavilion

 As I entered the Hamamatsu Kite Museum, I was immediately struck by the colorful kites adorning the walls and ceiling. The museum is dedicated to the history and art of kite-making, and I was excited to learn more about this traditional craft.

The first thing I noticed was the variety of kites on display. There were kites in all shapes and sizes, from tiny paper kites to large, elaborate designs that required multiple people to fly. Some of the kites were so intricate and beautiful that they looked like works of art. After learning about the history of kite-making, I was eager to try flying a kite myself. The museum has a large open area where visitors can fly kites, and I was thrilled to have the opportunity to do so. The staff at the museum were very helpful and showed me how to properly hold and launch the kite. I was amazed at how high it flew, and I spent several minutes admiring it as it soared through the sky.

The staff is giving free kites on the 3rd Sunday of the month for Elementary school kids.

Before leaving the museum, I made sure to visit the gift shop. There were a variety of kites and other souvenirs available for purchase. I also took a moment to admire the beautiful kites on display one last time, feeling grateful for the opportunity to learn about this fascinating art form.

Overall, my visit to the Hamamatsu Kite Museum was a memorable experience. I learned so much about the history and art of kite-making, and I had a blast flying a kite myself. If you're ever in Hamamatsu, I highly recommend a visit to this unique and fascinating museum.

As a reminder, soon it is time for the annual Hamamatsu Festival, if you have never seen it, I totally recommend it to you. There will also be a Hamamatsu matsuri photo contest

During Hamamatsu Matsuri, the street will be lined with food vendors, selling everything from yakitori to taiyaki. The smell of sizzling meat and sweet pastries filling the air will make your mouth water. The Hamamatsu Festival is known for its extravagant parades and performances, and I couldn't wait to see dancers in action.

In the evening the parade will begin. The floats are massive, with intricate carvings and decorations that sparkled in the sunlight. And on top of the float were performers in gorgeous costumes, playing traditional instruments and dancing to the beat.

Don't miss out on the Hamamatsu Matsuri and all its excitement of giant kites battle and huge floats parade. 

Detailed information about the Hamamatsu Festival pavilion is available in English at the following websites. Check them out!

The Hamamatsu Festival Pavilion

https://www.inhamamatsu.com/culture/the-hamamatsu-festival-pavilion.php

Hamamatsu Festival

https://www.inhamamatsu.com/recommend/hamamatsu-festival.php



Comments