Watching the Fukuroi Fireworks Festival


As the sun set, I headed to the Fukuroi Fireworks Festival. This event in Shizuoka is famous for its amazing fireworks and lively atmosphere. This year, I wanted to see it for myself. I took the train from Hamamatsu Station to Fukuroi Station. The festival venue, Haranoyagawa Shinsui Park, was a 20-minute walk from the station. Arriving early is crucial because the streets get crowded quickly. 


When I arrived, the place was buzzing with excitement. Families, couples, and friends were everywhere, setting up their picnic blankets. The smell of street food like takoyaki, yakisoba, and grilled corn filled the air. I grabbed some snacks to enjoy while waiting for the show.

As it got darker, everyone grew more excited. The organizers promised a great show this year. I found a good spot near the river, where I could see everything clearly. The sound of the river added a calm feeling to the lively crowd.

Finally, the first firework shot up and exploded in the sky. The crowd cheered loudly. Each firework was more beautiful than the last, with bright colors and amazing patterns. Some fireworks were synchronized, lighting up the sky together in a beautiful dance. Throughout the night, I was amazed by the fireworks. Each explosion reminded me that beauty is brief but wonderful. It made me think about enjoying the special moments in life.

The grand finale was incredible. The sky was filled with light and sound, and the crowd cheered loudly. I felt connected to everyone around me, sharing the joy.

Watching fireworks in Japan comes with some important manners and tips:
Arrive Early: Get to the venue at least three hours before the start to secure a good spot and avoid the crowds.
Respect Space: Be mindful of others’ space. Lay out your picnic blanket neatly and avoid blocking others’ views.
Dress Comfortably: Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. If you live close, wearing a yukata is a nice touch, but sneakers are better if you have to walk far.
Bring Essentials: Pack a blanket, sunblock, water, snacks, and maybe a portable chair. Buying food and drinks beforehand can save you from long lines at the venue.

I felt grateful for the experience. The Fukuroi Fireworks Festival was as amazing as people said. It was a night I will remember for a long time, a reminder of the magic in simple moments.

We highly recommend adding a Japanese fireworks viewing to your travel plans for next year!

For information on Fireworks Festival in the western area of Shizuoka Prefecture, please visit

https://www.inhamamatsu.com/recommend/fireworks-festival.php

















Comments